Honestly, it’s been a long time since I felt so relaxed. I am definitely making the most of funemployment before school starts. I finished my job at the end of June but have been winding down for a while now. In my line of work, I didn’t really have any projects or work for the entirety of June which worked perfectly as I spent time getting up to speed with my visa, vaccinations requirements, finances, and pre-matriculation math work.
So for those applying this year, my top tip is don’t hang around and work until the last possible moment. Take some time out for yourself. It’s one of the last opportunities you will get an extended period of time off from work or school. Also you may need that time to work on your pre-matriculation requirements. It is definitely not worth that extra pay check or two. You will probably never have a chance at such an extended break again!Since the end of June, I have mainly been spending my time on the following:
- Spending time with friends and family
- Meeting up with other Tuckies and other Tuck related events like an admit dinner
- The occasional recruiting event. Yup some companies already start hosting drinks receptions for admitted students!
- Reading novels, watching films/TV shows, just the kind of stuff I probably will be too busy to do
- Work out
- Buying things that I will need to take with me
With only two and half weeks to go, it is really starting to feel very real now!